According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, the first 10 to 15 seconds after exposure to a hazardous substance, especially a corrosive substance, are critical. Delaying treatment, even for a few seconds, may cause serious injury, according to OSHA.
Emergency showers and eyewash stations provide on-the-spot decontamination, allowing workers to flush away hazardous substances that can cause injury. Emergency showers can also be used effectively in extinguishing clothing fires.
At Forza Oilfield Services in West Texas, we know that oilfield workers are exposed to chemical and fire hazards every day. That’s why we offer state-of-the-art shower and eye wash trailers that meet or exceed the requirements set forth by the American National Standards Institute.
The Forza E-312 Emergency Shower and Eye Wash Trailer sets a new standard in performance with the following specifications:
- ANSI Z358.1-2009-conforming shower performance at 20 gallons/minute for 15 minutes with 30 PSI at tepid temperature
- ANSI Z358.1-2009-conforming eye wash at .4 gallons/minute for 15 minutes
- Equipped with PVC spill berm to contain all gray water discharged by the trailer to meet EPA requirements
- Water holding tanks inspected weekly for TCEQ and EPA compliance
- Steel frame construction
- ANSI-recommended 8′ interior height
- Minimum 550 gallons of fresh water capacity
- Emergency drench hose included on each trailer
- Waterproof lighting in shower and control room
- Aluminum exterior skin panels
- Closed cell foam insulation with radiant reflective and vapor barrier
- Emergency light activated when operating
Accidental chemical exposures can still occur even with good engineering controls and safety precautions. So it’s important to have the best emergency equipment available in case of an accident. For more information, call Forza Oilfield Services in West Texas today at 806-543-7417.
Serving West Texas and New Mexico.